The Painted Furniture Co. is a trading style of Cotswold Living Ltd
Co Registration No. 07243873 (Place of Registration: England & Wales). VAT Reg - 112833639
Registered Office : 17-19 Gosditch Street, Cirencester, GL7 2AG
IMPORTANT - Returns Policy For Customised Products
All sales are final for customised & Bespoke products and you may not return customised or Bespoke goods. Please also note that you do not have a statutory cancellation right for customised products or Bespoke Products.
All Furniture from Collections where you have specified and requested a specific colour for the finish will be classified as a customised product.
All furniture for which you have requested a specific size, a specific hardware type or a specific configuration will be considered a bespoke product.
These include but are not be limited to: All Millbrook Collections, Oxford Collections, Island Breeze Collections, Bay View Collections & Children’s Furniture.
All customised products are fully checked 3 times before they are delivered to you and so will almost certainly reach you in perfect condition. If however a customised product is damaged during shipping we have a very efficient service team who will repair the damage or replace the item as quickly as possible. (please contact our Customer Service Team at 01285 656041)
By using or accessing our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not use or access our website or place orders.
These terms relate to sales over the Internet and over the phone with The Painted Furniture Company www.paintedfurnitureco.co.uk. Which is a trading style of Cotswold Living of Cirencester Ltd. Please Note That Purchases made at, or after visiting, the Cotswold Living Ltd Showrooms will not be covered by these terms or the the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations of 2013 and will be covered under separate terms of business issued and controlled by Cotswold Living Ltd.
The contract made by you on-line with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions, proposed by you. these terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
You should not proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- 1.1 Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When you are purchasing our furniture you are buying handmade furniture where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as desired by the craftsmen. Certain degrees of filler will be used on oak sections of furniture this is common and very much part of the manufacturing process.
- 1.2 The majority of our products are sold fully assembled, however on occasions certain pieces will need minimal assembly, this has been deemed fit to protect the item in carriage.
- 1.3 We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as monitor settings and batching can affect the colouring of items in a picture.
- 1.4 The majority of our products are designed with no home assembly needed, however on occasions to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, our designers have deemed it best that certain items will need minimal home assembly. Items needing minimal home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual item description.
- 2.1 We will not accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you. Please email ahead if a small change in size may deem the item unusable.
- 2.2 All dimensions specified by us are approximate.
- 2.3 Ensuring that the dimensions of any piece of furniture are appropriate to the property and all access is entirely the responsibility of the customer.
- 3.1 All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- 3.2 Goods are delivered on weekdays directly to your home address. If you live within the UK mainland cost of return of non-faulty items will be with the customer at £50 per item; see return charges. We will use 3 methods of carriage which we will determine on dispatch. On larger or multiple items you will receive a call from our carriers to book a convenient delivery date that suits the carriers pre allocated delivery route. However for smaller items a parcel carrier may be used, the carriers will not call you if this method is chosen, however they will leave a card for you to contact them to arrange the completion of delivery. If the delivery address is in one of the following postcode areas, we may deliver using a pallet delivery service: KW1-14, IV20-28, IV40-43, IV46-47, IV52-56, IV63. Pallet deliveries may also be used at exceptionally busy times or at a customer's request.
- 3.3 The prices displayed on the website are for on-line purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means.
- 3.4 The prices displayed on the website in relation to any on-line promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- 3.5 We will not be bound to honour any prices, where we have indicated to you subsequently that the prices displayed have been displayed in error. In these cases a refund will be offered.
- 4.1 You must pay by credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- 4.2 Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- 4.3 The contract shall not have been concluded until we have completed all of the following steps: we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details, we have accepted your on-line order and sent you confirmation of receipt of your order by return e-mail to the address you have given us during the registration procedure and on ordering and then we dispatched the goods to you.
- 4.4 We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- 4.5 We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order, at any time.
- 5.1 We are only able to deliver online orders to you if you have a permanent address on the UK mainland.
- 5.2 We will Endeavour to fulfil your order by the date set out in the e-mail by which we confirmed your order. Where this e-mail did not contain such a date we shall endeavour to fulfil your order within the time-scales advertised on the individual products on your order. All purchases must make allowance of 21 working days from date of dispatch for our carriers to fulfil the final delivery to your home.
- 5.2.1 All indications as to delivery time are approximate.
- 5.2.2 For the purposes of the contract between the purchaser and Cotswold living Ltd ‘time is not of the essence’.
- 5.3 Orders totalling less than 0.25CBM may be dispatched by post or courier.
- 5.4 For all orders - any changes made to the content of your order will have an impact on your delivery date. We may therefore be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur and if so, a new delivery date will be given.
- 5.5 You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If the carriers delivery staff consider that access is unsafe then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided.
- 5.6 For deliveries using our two man delivery service: If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your goods on the confirmed delivery date arranged, you must inform the carriers at least one working day in advance so that another date can be booked. If through no fault of their own the delivery team are unable to gain access at the pre-arranged date or timethe goods will de returned to our depot and the customer will be responsible for the cost of re-delivery.
- 5.7 If our carriers accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods or the value thereof.
- 5.8 Time of delivery is not of the essence in these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Cotswold Living Ltd www.paintedfurnitureco.co.uk or any reasonable rescheduling of delivery. Our carriers cannot offer any timed or Saturday drops.
- 5.9 If items are received damaged please call us immediately on 01285 656041 and we will rectify the problems as soon as possible. Please do not ask our carriers to arrange exchanges without emailing or calling us as information is not always relayed back to us correctly. If an individual driver from our carriers tells you that they will report and take care of this please ignore this and be sure to email or call us directly.
Please report damages within 24 hours of delivery.
Please note we will require proof of the damage from a photograph in order to facilitate allowance, exchange or refund of the item.
- 5.12 In the event that you may choose to have your goods delivered to your own 3rd party carrier – we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods. The forwarding delivery is at the risk and the customer when using your own 3rd party carrier.
- 5.13 Please note: Unfortunately, in the following remote post code areas we will not be able to offer our normal two man delivery service: AB41-45, AB53, AB56, AB99, FA14, IV1-28, IV30-32, IV36, IV40, IV41-47, IV52-53, IV55-56, IV63, IV99, KW1-3, KW5-14, LD1-8, LL33, LL35-49, LL51-55, LL58-78, PA21, PA23, PA28-31, PA33, PA34, PA37, PH32, PH34-44, PH49, PH50, PL10-18, PL22-35, PL95, SY18-20, SY23-25, SY99, TE12, TR1-20, TR23-27, TR93. In these areas we operate a one man delivery service and there will need to be somebody at the property who is able to assist the driver in getting the furniture into the ground floor of your house. You will be telephoned in advance to arrange the delivery.
- 5.14 For orders of multiple items, the dispatch date will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, these will be grouped and the dispatch date will again be chosen according to the longest lead time.
- 5.15 Safe Access for Delivery: The customer is responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If the carrier's delivery staff consider access to be unsafe, they will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. The items will generally be delivered via a 7.5 tonne vehicle, so please be sure your property is accessible for this size of truck. If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access, we will return the goods to our depot The customer will then be responsible for arranging to collect the goods or arranging for their own carriers to do so.
6. RETURNS, REFUNDS AND YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
6.1 Our Refund and Returns Policy Details
Excepting all customised products and bespoke products as detailed above You have the right to cancel your order within 14 working days from delivery. You must notify us by email within 14 working days from delivery with your intention to return the item. After notification we will issue you a returns number to quote on the paperwork when returning the goods.
If you wish to return the goods within the 7 days, please take reasonable care of the items and it would help if you retained the original packaging.
Please return goods in the same condition as received. We request that if you or the carriers open the box to examine the product please do so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in any way. Please re-package as received in order for us to re-sell the item as brand new. If the carriers unwrap an item please ensure the packaging remains with the customer. Please do not allow carriers or any other party to destroy any packaging as we request the item to be returned with original packaging.
Please take into account before purchasing our furniture that once items are dispatched from our warehouses, return charges will apply if the customer cancels. Therefore it is essential if cancelling an order to let us know immediately to avoid unwanted items being dispatched.
Returns and Refunds Enquiries:
Please note if any items are damaged or faulty please always call us on 01285 656041 or email to report this matter.
Please do not return items without prior authorisation from Cotswold Living Ltd. If you pass goods into the care of a delivery team without prior authorisation you are deemed to have handed care of the goods to a third party at your own behest and Cotswold Living Ltd will deem them has having been delivered.
Full refund of the cost of the goods is wholly conditional upon the above conditions being met and the refund authorised only after a full inspection of the goods by our Returns department to check for completeness and correct product return.
For goods received back complete as NEW and unused; you will be refunded the full invoice amount less cost of return.
Please note on rare occasions due to extreme climate changes in shipping you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers thus making them stiff to open, it is important not to return or refuse the item if this is case. Usually this will rectify itself in a matter of 7 days once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions, you may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However on rare occasions the timber movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door, if so please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or from the side of the door as this will not be noticeable with regards to the look of the furniture. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Currently less than half of one percent ( 0.50% ) of our furniture is affected by timber movement ,however please could we ask you to bear in mind that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a slim possibiltiy. Therefore stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective.This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments would be need to be undertaken by the customer at the customers expense. If you do not wish to undertake any adjustments needed and wish to return the item we will of course offer a refund less the cost of return as detailed above (6.1).
- 6.2 After a 14 day period has expired we will be unable to accept returns of any items purchased unless faulty.
- 6.3 Subject to your statutory rights, products made or altered specifically for you, may not be returned nor will we provide any refund, unless they are defective or have been accidentally damaged by us in the course of delivery.
- 6.4 If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, or in the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require remedy, you must report the defect as soon as possible by emailing us. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided. Should it be deemed impractical to offer a replacement, redelivery or re-selection of any damaged or faulty items we reserve the right to offer an allowance against a repair, or alternatively a refund for your purchase. Any non-faulty items returned will always be returned at the expense of the customer:
- 6.5 We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties unless those third parties were appointed, instructed or employed directly by by us.
7. SITE CONTENT AND DISCLAIMERS
- 7.1 Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible.
- 7.2 This site is owned and operated by Cotswold Living Ltd,' 'we' or 'us' 'our'.
- 7.3 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
8. DATA PROTECTION
9. APPLICABLE LAW
- 9.1 We control and operate the web site from our offices within England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this web site and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and